Santander banks on Norland’s performance-based partnering
Santander has appointed Norland to provide an integrated FM solution comprising engineering, cleaning, security equipment, fabric maintenance, pest control, landscaping and compliance across a portfolio of twenty-four UK corporate offices.
[UKPRwire, Thu Aug 02 2012] Norland, one of the UK’s leading and fastest-growing facilities management companies, is working with Santander UK to deliver significant improvements in the way that the bank’s facilities are managed and maintained. Santander has appointed Norland to provide an integrated FM solution comprising engineering, cleaning, security equipment, fabric maintenance, pest control, landscaping and compliance across a portfolio of twenty-four UK corporate offices.
Norland were appointed following a tender process which highlighted their innovative Performance-Based Partnering (PBP)™ model – a unique approach combining self-delivered technical services and FM with best-in-class soft services partners as part of an integrated one team solution. PBP is underpinned by Norland’s unique combined services management information platform it calls its PerformancePortal™.
Santander UK is one of the UK’s leading personal financial services companies and one of the largest providers of mortgages and savings in the UK. The Santander Global Facilities team liked the modular, characteristics of Norland’s PBP business model and the flexibility it provides for business with such a changing economic landscape.
Dave Lovett, National Offices FM Manager for Santander Global Facilities said: “After a rigorous and extensive procurement process to find a supplier who understands what's important to Santander Global Facilities I am delighted we have chosen Norland Managed Services to join us in launching an exciting new facilities management contract. Along with their preferred supply partners we believe Norland will bring a fresh and innovative approach to operating our premises in an efficient and cost-effective way.”
Norland developed PBP for those clients who want the financial reward, reduced risk and operational benefit of working as a unified team, but who don’t want to tolerate the sub optimal performance of individual service lines.
Clients get peace of mind as a result of Norland’s proven leadership in mechanical and electrical maintenance which it self-delivers as well as genuine innovation and visibility across all services. Clients benefit from Norland’s set of collaborative partners which have been carefully selected based on their expertise in delivering their specific service lines.
Paul Saville-King, Managing Director of Norland’s Managed Service division said: ”Our Performance Based Partnering business model is focused on selecting the best and most appropriate combination of Norland self-delivery, supply partner services and technical solutions. Performance Based Partnering is a flexible approach which can be tailored differently for each deployment. It will improve standards, provide clear accountability for service delivery, reduce operational risk and enhance value for money over the lifetime of the contract”.
Norland will be providing a suite of other services to Santander. These include:-
• Business systems which include a bespoke web-based performance portal
• Onsite help desk in core business hours and out of hours national helpdesk facility
• Reception services
• Pest control
• Reactive repairs and emergency service as well as planned preventative maintenance
• Fire services
• Environmental consultancy and carbon footprint reduction
About Norland Managed Services
• Norland Managed Services is one of the UK’s fastest growing providers of facilities management and support services with revenues in excess of £300 million
• The company operates from a strategic network of regional offices throughout the UK, Ireland, Europe and the US
• A dedicated team of highly trained and experienced staff maintain and enhance the capital assets of major national and global businesses. These range from single floors in multi-occupied buildings to substantial property estates and large stadia
• Since its formation in 1984, Norland has achieved consistent annual growth, its success being built on high levels of customer service and a major focus on people and technical skills
• Norland is a 2012 CIBSE Award winner for “Training for Building Performance”, and a 2011 Green Apple Award winner for “Property Management - Energy Reduction”
• Norland is ranked 141st on the Sunday Times HSBC Top Track 250 league table, which ranks Britain’s leading mid-market private companies with the biggest sales - leaping 48 places from 189th place last year.
• For more information about Norland, please visit www.norlandmanagedservices.co.uk
For further information please contact:
Group Marketing Manager,
+44 (0)207 871 9306
Company: Norland Managed Services
+44 (0)207 871 9306