SIGNIFICANT GROWTH AT NORLAND AS COMPANY CONTINUES TO INNOVATE
Building services and facilities management company, Norland Managed Services, reports 25 per cent growth in turnover
[UKPRwire, Mon Jul 02 2012] The rise in outsourcing in both the public and private sectors has helped building services and facilities management (FM) company, Norland, to create skilled new jobs and increase sales by 25 per cent over the last year. A decade of continual and significant growth has seen Norland more than treble its turnover to £312 million in the last five years alone.
Norland is one of the UK’s leading providers of facilities maintenance and support services, employing over 3300 staff across offices throughout Europe and the US. The company’s portfolio includes mechanical and electrical engineering, soft FM, specialist engineering solutions for business-critical environments, energy-efficiency and emissions consultancy as well as fabrics and special projects work. Norland’s flexible, customer-focused model means its services can be delivered as a single service-line or integrated as a managed solution. Customers can choose dedicated onsite support or a highly mobile and responsive unit. The company’s clients come from every sector and include Everything Everywhere, 3i, Scottish Power and “The O2”.
Increased market testing in a number of sectors has aided the company’s growth as organisations seek out new ways to make building management more efficient within tighter budgets. Part of the growth has come from the company’s existing customer base who have turned to the company for extra works and large scale projects.
Norland has continued to be highly innovative. Over the last year it has made its service fully transparent to the customer by investing in a series of award-winning, web-based business systems. Every engineer is trained so they can readily identify new ways to help clients improve their energy efficiency and save money on operating costs. This has helped to reduce clients’ energy costs by as much as 25 per cent.
Chief executive, Ian Entwisle, said: “Recessions bring change and new opportunities. Big organisations are finding themselves increasingly strapped for cash and looking for facilities management services that are both better and more efficient. They must also save money on energy bills. By providing the right people with the right training within a structured process, Norland is helping meet those needs.”
About Norland Managed Services
• Norland Managed Services is one of the UK’s fastest growing providers of facilities management and support services with revenues in excess of £300 million
• The company operates from a strategic network of regional offices throughout the UK, Ireland, Europe and the US
• A dedicated team of highly trained and experienced staff maintain and enhance the capital assets of major national and global businesses. These range from single floors in multi-occupied buildings to substantial property estates and large stadia
• Since its formation in 1984, Norland has achieved consistent annual growth, its success being built on high levels of customer service and a major focus on people and technical skills
• Norland’s customers include Scottish Power, 3i, Everything Everywhere and large stadia such as “The O2”
• Norland is a 2012 CIBSE Award winner for “Training for Building Performance”, and a 2011 Green Apple Award winner for “Property Management - Energy Reduction”
• Norland is ranked 141st on the Sunday Times HSBC Top Track 250 league table, which ranks Britain’s leading mid-market private companies with the biggest sales - leaping 48 places from 189th place last year.
• For more information about Norland, please visit www.norlandmanagedservices.co.uk
For further information please contact:
Group Marketing Manager,
+44 (0)207 871 9306
Company: Norland Managed Services
020 7871 9306