Recent Study: Philippines Information Technology Report Q1 2015
New Computer Technology market report from Business Monitor International: "Philippines Information Technology Report Q1 2015"
[UKPRwire, Tue Dec 16 2014] We have a bullish outlook for the development of the Philippines' IT market, as we identify it as a regional outperformer over the medium term. The low penetration of products and services has left an opportunity for vendors to target the market as incomes rise and device prices decline, creating a fertile environment for a period of robust catch-up growth. Meanwhile, the booming business process outsourcing (BPO) industry presents a huge opportunity for enterprise sales for hardware and software vendors. Taking the market as a whole, we forecast IT spending growth of 10.9% in 2015, with the market expected to reach a value of PHP201.5bn. Over the medium term emerging technologies will add to the growth momentum, particularly in the latter years of our forecast, with cloud services, big data analytics, smart infrastructure, telehealth and e-government all expected to contribute to growth.
Full Report Details at
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer hardware sales: PHP99.1bn in 2014 to PHP106.2bn in 2015, growth of 7.2%. Desktop and notebook shipments remain under pressure, and with demand shifting to lower-cost devices, increases in market value will not keep pace with unit growth.
* Software sales: PHP27bn in 2014 to PHP31.2bn in 2015, growth of 15.2%. Increased adoption of enterprise software as local companies modernise will be the primary driver of spending growth, particularly for low-cost cloud enterprise resource planning systems.
* IT services sales: PHP55.6bn in 2013 to PHP64.2bn in 2014, growth of 15.4%. The booming outsourcing sector provides the main impetus for outperformance, but cloud computing supply growth as telecoms operators invest in infrastructure and service development should drive wider adoption.
Key Trends And Developments
* The Philippine BPO industry has been booming for several years and is an important trend for not only the IT market, but the wider economy, providing...
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mexico Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Chile Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Indonesia Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Hungary Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q1 2015