Models Direct Guide: What Clothes to Keep for Spring
If you’re fed up of buying new fashion pieces each season to keep up with new trends, you’re in luck! There are plenty of staple wardrobe pieces that are clinging on for the upcoming months and into next year. Modelling agency Models Direct offer their advice on fashion pieces for spring 2010.
[UKPRwire, Wed Mar 31 2010] If you’re fed up of buying new fashion pieces each season to keep up with new trends, you’re in luck! There are plenty of staple wardrobe pieces that are clinging on for the upcoming months and into next year. Modelling agency Models Direct offer their advice on fashion pieces for spring 2010.
Things to keep for spring and summer
• Abstract prints. Prints will be big over the spring and into autumn and winter. For now you should be thinking about geometric shapes and splattered paint effect splashes of colour.
• Yellow. Granted it’s not everyone’s favourite colour, or the easiest to pull off, but yellow is about to make a comeback. Fit with the pastel colour theme or wear it in bright mustards and ochre.
• Underwear as outerwear. This trend is going strong! If you don’t want to reveal too much skin you can wear 50s-style bra tops layered over t-shirts or pair them with high-waisted skirts or trousers. Topshop has a great selection.
• Trench coats. The classic Burberry-style trench in stylish beige will probably never go out of fashion. It’s a great, lightweight jacket for chilly spring and summer evenings.
• Shorts. And when Models Direct say short, they mean short! Again, if you’re conscious of showing too much skin, combine them with a pair of patterned tights.
• All things glittery. Sparkle in shimmering sequins and metallic materials. Choose muted gold, bronze and copper tones to ensure you can carry the trend on into autumn and winter.
• Denim shirts. A denim shirt is a must-have for spring 2010! Whether you choose a loose or tight fit, Models Direct prefer them in a pale shade. Mix your shirt with a pretty floral skirt or, if it’s long enough, a pair of black leggings. If you’re feeling bold, try the double denim look by teaming with a pair of jeans.
• Candy colours. Think girly pastel colours in baby pink, lilacs and light greens.
• Military styles. The military trend will still be going strong until at least early next year and luckily it’s an easy look to pull off. Think jackets with lots of pockets, epaulettes and brass buttons. Teaming this look will help to toughen up your pastel colours.
• Ankle boots. While over-the-knee boots are still hot on the runways, ankle boots offer a far less daunting alternative that can be worn either casually with jeans or dressed up with a summer dress.
About Models Direct
Models Direct (http://www.modelsdirect.com) is a talent and model agency for female models, male models, teen models, child models and baby models for advertising, fashion, film, TV, promotional and photographic modelling work. We are a Government-regulated Model Employment Agency... not an online showcase, we're the real thing!
If you think you, or perhaps your partner, child, baby or pet, might be a suitable model for us to put forward for selection to appear in films, TV, fashion, promotions, advertisements and photographic modelling, please visit the website (http://www.modelsdirect.com/become-a-model) or call us on +44 (0)871 224 6000. Modelling can be great fun & often rewarding as a part time hobby.
You can also find out more by visiting the blog (http://modelsdirect.wordpress.com) or by following Models Direct on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/models_direct).