Models Directís Top Tips for Attending Auditions and Castings
Whether you are an actor, actress, singer, dancer or model you will undoubtedly have to go for an audition or casting at some point in your career. How do you make the best impression? Here are modelling agency Models Directís top tips for attending a casting or audition.
[UKPRwire, Tue Dec 22 2009] Whether you are an actor, actress, singer, dancer or model you will undoubtedly have to go for an audition or casting at some point in your career. How do you make the best impression? Here are modelling agency Models Directís top tips for attending a casting or audition.
1. Planning. Make sure you know where the casting is, what time it starts and how youíre going to get there. You should also pack a bag of things youíll need the night before to ensure you donít forget anything whilst rush packing the next morning.
2. Research. Find out about the person or company youíre auditioning for, whether itís a photographer, director or the head of a top dance academy. Not only will it look good if youíre asked about their previous work but it will also give you some idea of their style and way of working, to which you can adapt your audition or look.
3. Presentation. Make sure you turn up to the audition or casting well presented Ė obviously, this is especially important for models! Your hair should be clean and nicely styled (but you donít want to over-style it) and if you dye your hair make sure there are no roots showing. Men, you should be clean-shaven, or, if you have or are growing a beard it should be kept tidy.
4. Confidence. If you are attending an open casting be friendly towards your competition and donít let yourself be intimidated by them. The modelling and entertainment industries are not areas for modesty Ė be confident in yourself and show everyone what youíre capable of. Just make sure you donít come across as arrogant!
5. Safety. Always let someone know where youíre going and make sure you have your phone with you in case you need to contact someone. Your safety is far more important than a possible job so if you think thereís something suspicious about the location or client, or they say you have to do something youíre not comfortable with, then grab your stuff and go!
About Models Direct
Models Direct (http://www.modelsdirect.com) is a talent and model agency for female models, male models, teen models, child models and baby models for advertising, fashion, film, TV, promotional and photographic modelling work. We are a Government-regulated Model Employment Agency... not an online showcase, we're the real thing!
If you think you, or perhaps your partner, child, baby or pet, might be a suitable model for us to put forward for selection to appear in films, TV, fashion, promotions, advertisements and photographic modelling, please visit the website (http://www.modelsdirect.com/locations/worldwide.html) or call us on +44 (0)871 224 6000. Modelling can be great fun & often rewarding as a part time hobby.