Request for a Free Sample Report of Concerned Market - https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=2868
Citicoline Market – Key Insights
- The citicoline market registered a healthy CAGR of over 7% during the 2013-2017 period on the back of a rapid rise in the geriatric population around the world.
- The citicoline market was valued at over US$ 530 million in 2018 and is expected to witness substantial Y-o-Y growth of 8% in 2019.
- North America is expected to account for the leading share in citicoline market owing to the presence of numerous players along with availability of modern and sophisticated infrastructure.
- Latin America is expected to emerge as a high growth market during the 2018-2028 period with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease incidences in the region increasing at a brisk pace relative to other regions.
What are the Factors Spearheading the Growth of Citicoline Market?
- Stressful lifestyles, increasing competition, long working hours, sleep deficiency, and growing geriatric population are fuelling demand for nutraceuticals that enhance cognitive functions. Citicoline is finding increasing usage in nutraceuticals production owing to its negligible toxicity and neuroprotective properties.
- Citicoline induces the formation of phospholipids in the brain that are required for efficient functioning of the neural pathways. With incidences of dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and other neurological disorders on the rise, governments around the world are providing pharmaceutical companies extended support towards the research and development of drugs that could effectively address these issues. Efforts to study citicoline’s efficacy in prevention and potential recovery from cognitive dysfunctioning are gaining momentum.
- Citicoline’s potential use in preventing and improving visual capabilities is expected to create steady opportunities for stakeholders. Numerous studies researching the use citicoline in preventing neurodegenerative deterioration of the retina are underway. Role of citicoline in preventing conditions such as diabetes-induced retinal neurodegradation, glaucoma, and amblyopia are being investigated.
- Intensifying research towards the use of citicoline in the treatment for addictive disorders is emerging as another opportunity avenue. Studies suggest that citicoline has a significant influence on the dopamine, glutamate, and acetylcholine production in the brain which can potentially be leveraged to treat various symptoms of addiction disorder such as craving, withdrawal symptoms, and impaired cognitive functioning. Additionally, numerous researches suggest the chemical compound can arguably be used to extenuate the neurotoxic effects of drugs and other substances.
- Research on increasing the efficacy of citicoline by using it in combination with other chemical compounds is underway. Market players are increasingly investing in the R&D of drugs based on different citicoline combinations to capitalize on the growing demand for neuroprotective drugs for the prevention of diseases such as dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and other neurological disorders.
Citicoline Market – Competitive Landscape
- In order to capitalize on the growing demand for citicoline in functional foods, Kyowa Hakko Bio Co., Ltd., a leading player in the citicoline market, launched two new citicoline powdered supplements and citicoline capsules in 2018.
- Intensifying clinical trials for citicoline’s potential use in the treatment of neurological diseases received a substantial boost after research suggested that using the compound with risperidone could effectively relieve primary negative symptoms of schizophrenia.
- The pervasive trend of combining citicoline with other compounds to enhance its efficacy continues to drive the citicoline market growth with a study published in 2018 concluding that a combination of citicoline and docosahexaenoic acid exhibit synergistic activities which can substantially boost recovery after transient brain ischemia.
Some of the leading players operating in the citicoline market include Alfa Aesar, Cepham, Inc., EZ Melts, HL-Pharma US, Double Wood LLC, Instas Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Jarrow Formulas, Inc., Kimia Biosciences, Rakshit Drugs Pvt., Ltd., Relentless Improvement LLC, Swanson, Wellona Pharma Private Limited, Healthy Origins, Biochemix Healthcare Pvt., Ltd., Merck KGaA, Grupo Ferrer Internacional, S.A., Piping Rock Health Products, LLC, and NuerAxon Pharma Inc.
Retail Pharmacy Remains a Lucrative Distribution Channel
Increasing consumer awareness about citicoline-based medication and supplements coupled with the trend of retail pharmacy store owners maintaining a diverse portfolio of similar drugs is estimated to prove vital to citicoline market growth with the distribution channel expected to hold a significant share of the citicoline market revenue.
Ask Industry Experts about this Report - https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=AE&rep_id=2868
FactMR is a fast-growing market research firm that offers the most comprehensive suite of syndicated and customized market research reports. We believe transformative intelligence can educate and inspire businesses to make smarter decisions. We know the limitations of the one-size-fits-all approach; that's why we publish multi-industry global, regional, and country-specific research reports.
11140 Rockville Pike
Suite 400, Rockville, MD 20852
Read Industry News at: https://insiderstribune.com