Fast Market Research recommends "Elidel Atopic Dermatitis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022" from GlobalData, now available
[UKPRwire, Fri Jan 10 2014] Although the past decade has seen the atopic dermatitis market remain relatively unchanged and a saturated, highly genericized arena, the coming decade could see the launch of the first biologic, which will set a precedent and pave the way for others to follow suit.
Meda's Elidel contains the molecule pimecrolimus and akin to Astellas' Protopic belongs to the ascomycin class of macrolactam immunosuppressives. The exact mechanism by which Elidel exerts its effect in atopic dermatitis is still unknown (Elidel prescribing information, 2011). However, studies have found that Elidel binds with high affinity to macrophilin-12 (also referred to as 12 kDa FK506-binding protein or FKBP-12) and inhibits the calcium-dependent protein phosphatase, calcineurin. Calcineurin in turn inhibits T cell activation by blocking the transcription of early cytokines.
Full Report Details at
* Overview of Atopic Dermatitis, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
* Detailed information on Elidel including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
* Sales forecast for Elidel for the top nine countries from 2012 to 2022.
* Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, India and China.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
* Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Atopic Dermatitis
* Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
* Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Elidel performance
* Obtain sales forecast for Elidel from 2012-2022 in top nine countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, India and China)
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Dupilumab (Atopic Dermatitis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- AN2728 (Atopic Dermatitis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- EpiCast Report: Atopic Dermatitis - Epidemiology Forecast to 2022
- Protopic (Atopic Dermatitis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Dermatophytic Onychomycosis (DO) - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022