Claremont gets a Second Life
Claremont Group Interiors takes their serviced office space online and into Second Life.
[UKPRwire, Thu Nov 29 2007] Claremont Group Interiors, the largest office interior design firm outside London, are set to become the first company to offer serviced office space in Second Life, with their virtual building 'The Breeze' going live in November.
In the real world, 'The Breeze' exists at Claremont's head office in Warrington and offers five serviced offices, as an aside to their interior design and fit-out business. 'The Breeze' will be the first of its kind on Second Life and director Simon Campion believes it could prove to be a big success.
"We work with several blue chip companies, all of whom have made the move in to Second Life. It made us think about whether it was worth creating a virtual version of The Breeze, to give people who are starting up companies on Second Life an office to operate from.
"When it goes live, The Breeze will house offices of various sizes, which can be designed/fit-out to create a bespoke environment for each individual. The office can also be branded with the tenants' logo both inside and out. We have currently bought enough land for one building but if it takes off, we plan to buy several more."
When The Breeze goes live, it will cost L$1,500 per floor, which will equate to around £5.50 per month. This will include service charge, secure parking and a sea view from the Penthouse floor.
Notes to Editors
Claremont Group Interiors
• Claremont is one of the UK's largest interior design and fit-out companies
• Established for 25 years, its clients include Halliwells, United Utilities, Astra Zeneca, Reckitt Benckiser, Coca Cola, Microsoft, Unilever and law firm Bevan Brittan
• Claremont provides a comprehensive range of interiors and facilities services, including:
• Workplace analysis and design
• Workplace interior fit-out
• Management of fit-outs and installation
• Provision of workplace technology including audio-visual systems
• Support services including maintenance, change management and storage and data management
• Retail and showroom design and fit-out
• Design and installation of training and educational environments