New Market Report: Portugal Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Portugal Telecommunications Report Q4 2014"
[UKPRwire, Tue Nov 18 2014] Operators continue to struggle with the dual pressures of economic weakness limiting subscriber spending and market maturity in the mobile sector. The former is also a pressure on fixed services, with operators facing difficulties in encouraging subscribers to upgrade to more expensive services. Data show declines across all segments of the market , as Portuguese consumers look to keep their costs down , while operators are expected to continue investing in faster technologies to cater to the demand for more data.
* Wireline voice access is forecast to decline from 4.530mn in 2013 to 4.346mn by 2018 as more consumers switch to mobiles or IP-based substitutes.
* Market saturation and chilly economic climate will mean volatile mobile subscriptions growth in the future. Market is forecast to grow from 16.914mn in 2013 to 17.161mn by 2018. 3G/4G upgrades will be operators' area of focus; subscriptions are forecast to rise from 4.462mn in 2013 to 4.966mn in 2018.
* Converged services will continue to be popular, with bundling seen by operators as the most economically viable means of expanding their user and revenue bases. However, dampened consumer spending means that broadband subscriptions are forecast to rise from 3.322mn in 2013 to just 3.484mn in 2018.
Full Report Details at
The integration of the Sonaecom, Zon Multimedia and Optimus businesses continued during Q114. The new brand name, Nos, was adopted in Q214 and is in the process of being rolled out across the converged services portfolio. We expect that some services will be discontinued and new products introduced in the coming months, leveraging Nos' strengths in the infrastructure and access markets.
Portugal Telecom has rebranded its mobile business as MEO and has restructured its operations in order to better serve and differentiate between consumer and enterprise customers. The increased emphasis on the business market, as evidenced by the rollout of cloud computing...
The Portugal Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Portugal's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Portugal Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Portugal.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- China Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Ukraine Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Kazakhstan and Central Asia Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- South Korea Telecommunications Report Q4 2014